The programs give a great overview of our efforts to develop effective measures for human lephant conflict resolution, biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation, and sustainable livelihood development in areas, where the need for innovative sustainable development strategies are critically needed.
Volunteers can join in the field to participate in ecological research on elephants, assess human elephant conflicts, biodiversity mapping using surveying techniques, community integrated human elephant conflict resolution, sustainable rural livelihood development, assist in implementing sustainable land use initiatives, using GPS, remote sensing and GIS techniques to develop conservation strategies to help conserve elephants, leopards, other wildlife and their habitats in Sri Lanka.
Through our programs volunteers not only experience the wilderness and get to contribute to field research and environmental protection in meaningful ways but also get to experience Sri Lankan culture. Your involvement will help to safe guard the wilderness and promote cultural practices that are thousands of years old.
• Get close to the elephants & track them in herds
• Spend your evenings up in a tree house,
• The sunrise walk & birding trail
• Delicious local meals with a array of Sri Lankan flavors
• Work alongside our local team members & learn about conservation & community issues
• Get immersed in the local culture
• Witness and experience daily lives and routines of local villagers
• Camping inside the jungle & trek through
• Hike across cloud forests and mountain paths